Below are some common questions we get. We hope this will help you.

How do I find out about military and civilian job vacancies in the Air National Guard?
Vacancies at the State level are advertised by that state. Visit the ANG Units page for a listing of state websites. Advertisements can normally be found from the State Headquarters web site within their Human Resources Office (HRO) section. Questions regarding state websites should be directed to that state. How do I get answers?

Vacancies can be found in the Careers section of the Air National Guard's recruiter website at http://www.goang.com.

Military vacancies for the offices servicing the Director of the Air National Guard and State militia can be found in the Careers section of this website. Civilian vacancies can be found on the Air Force Personnel Center's website. The majority of these vacancies are located in the Washington District of Columbia metropolitan area.

How do I join the Air National Guard?
The first step in joining the Air National Guard is to talk to a Recruiter. Our recruiters have a website at http://www.goang.com or call them at 1-800-ToGoANG (1-800-864-6264). Click on the "Careers" link (http://www.goang.com/careers/) to select the area you are interested in from the map or select the career category on the drop-down menu. The units in that area will be listed. Select the unit you are interested in. The recruiter contact information will be listed. You can also chat with a recruiter live by clicking on the 'Chat' button.

How do I talk with an Online Recruiting Chat Operator?
The Air National Guard's recruitment website (http://www.goang.com) features Online Chat Operators who can assist you with any questions you may have for ANG. ANG chat operators are available Monday thru Thursday, 11:00am-10:00pm EST and Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST . Click on "Chat" in the menu options to access (http://www.goang.com/chat/).

How do I find out what will be expected of me at basic training?
For information on basic military training, visit the U.S. Air Force Basic Training web page at: http://www.airforce.com/training/enlisted/

How can I contact military personnel?
The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the USAF (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired, and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at:

550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752 Phone:
Commercial (210) 565-2660
Military to Military DSN 665-2660 Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays)
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time) Email: afpc.pa.dlist@randolph.af.mil

If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, please call your local Red Cross chapter. Use operator assistance if necessary, or you may also find your local Red Cross chapter telephone number by visiting http://www.redcross.org, clicking on "Your local Red Cross" and entering your zip code.

How can I obtain copies of my military records?
Individual military departments, including the Air Force do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty, or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse, or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number, or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA) For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408

I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?
National Guard Almanac (30th Ed, 2004), Copies can be purchased for $8.50 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144-Z, Falls Church, VA 22044-0144. Phone: 703-532-1631. http://www.militaryalmanac.com

What are my benefits as a Reservist/National Guardsman?
For information on Reservist benefits, contact the Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center at 1-800-525-0102, visit their website at: http://arpc.afrc.af.mil/.

I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?
Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects that the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board.

For your convenience, to find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily website at: http://cbdnet.access.gpo.gov. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.

Contact Us

ANG Public Affairs does not act as an operator service. They do not have the capability to redirect incoming calls to other offices. Please contact the base operator for these services. For a RECRUITER click HERE.

Base Operator 301-981-1110

ANG Public Affairs
3500 Fetchet Avenue
Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762
(240) 612-9494

NGB Press Desk